COAI is one of the most credible and reputed Industry bodies, solely dedicated towards advancement of mobile communication, thereby partnering with the leading technology providers / service providers to protect, promote and upgrade mobile communications in India.
In our endeavour towards advancement of mobile communications and synchronisation of allied interest, we recognise the need partnering with the
- Technology partners
- Infrastructure Providers
- VAS and Solution Providers
- Organisations working towards development and promotion of Cellular Mobile Telephony in India
COAI is committed towards a mutually beneficial relationship through offering a common platform and a credible forum for discussion and exchange of ideas between Cellular Mobile Service Providers, the Govt., Policy Makers, Regulators, Technologists, Security Agencies, Radio Spectrum managers, Academicians, various Chambers of Commerce etc. who share a common interest in the development of mobile communications in the country.
The two main categories of COAI Membership are as:
a) Core Member
A company or other legal entity shall be eligible to apply for becoming a Core Member of the Association if :
- It holds a valid License from Government of India for the provisioning of Cellular Mobile Telephone Services or
- It has a Letter of Intent to start the provision of cellular mobile telephone services provided that such person obtains the license within twelve months of obtaining such Letter of Intent.
b) Associate Member
A company or other legal entity shall be eligible to become an Associate Member of the Association if it supports the functioning, promotion & evolution of Cellular Mobile Telephone Services. Specifically these would inter alia include manufacturers / suppliers of :
- Mobile Stations or chip set components used to build mobile stations
- Infrastructure equipment, System simulators, SIM cards
- Security systems - smart cards, authentication centers, equipment identity registers, fraud detection systems and analysis tools
- Billing and accounting systems
- Data clearing house services
- Financial clearing house services
- Signaling clearing house services
- Brokers of roaming facilitation services
- Software development for the telecom industry, etc